Wednesday, January 23, 2013

San Sebastian, Spain - October 2011
 
1 more week!!!! 1 more week and I’m back in Spain!! It’s a little surreal, but I am very excited.  I spoke with Pastor Dom last week and learned that La Roca now has electricity and water, construction is complete and the walls are painted!  He is waiting for the opening permit, but after that, we can open the doors.  We should be able to have the Grand Opening Ceremony shortly after I arrive!  Here are a few pictures of La Roca post-construction:

 
 
 
I am pretty much ready to go.  My Spanish is coming along.  I started learning three months ago and had a little scare on Sunday when I was asked ‘Como se llama?’ (How do you call yourself?/What is your name?) and responded with ‘Bien’ (Good).  J  Thankfully, I still have one more week!
 
I feel incredibly blessed and thankful to be a part of what the Lord is doing in Pamplona.   Here is what I am most looking forward to:

1.  Opening La Roca:  I cannot wait to see La Roca up and running.  I pray that Christ's love is seen in abundance in the ministry and the building. One thing I have learned over the past couple of years is the need for community.  We were not made to live alone and when we try, we often fall or get discouraged.  I hope that La Roca can be a place where a unified community forms and students are met with love and kindness the second they walk through the doors.

2.  Building relationships with women in Pamplona:  On both short-term mission trips to Pamplona, I loved meeting with students on campus.  It’s funny how an ocean separates us, yet we are really no different.  It will be wonderful to have three months instead of just one week to spend time with them!

3.  Encouraging Pastor Dom and team:  Pastor Dom has been in Spain for five years and I pray that I can encourage him and his team as they continue to build the ministry.

I'll update this blog each week with pictures and stories!!  Feel free to contact me with any questions or thoughts. 

Dios te bendiga!
Katie

1 comment:

  1. This is so well done!! Excellent job! I will be watching for your updates. Love you! Dad

    ReplyDelete